Standardized tests help to compare the academic preparation of students who have studied the same subject with different textbooks and different teachers. It is given under standard conditions (such as content and timing). EducationUSA Advising Center has a library with a variety of books to help students prepare for standardized tests.
Students applying for undergraduate admission
- ACT, SAT Reasoning and/or SAT Subject tests, measure critical reading, writing and mathematical abilities;
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), measure the ability of the student to understand English in an academic setting;
- PTE (Pearson Test of English), measure English language ability through tasks reflecting real-life settings.
Students applying for graduate admission
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE Subject Tests), measure undergraduate achievement in eight fields of study (biochemistry, cell and molecular biology; biology; chemistry; computer science; literature in English; mathematics; physics and psychology);
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT), measure verbal, mathematical and analytical abilities relevant to successful study of business and management at the graduate level;
- Law School Admission Test (LSAT), measure acquired reading and verbal reasoning skills relevant to the study of law at the graduate level;
- Medical College Admission Test (MCAT), assess problem solving, critical thinking, writing skills and knowledge of science concepts and principles prerequisite to the study of medicine;
provide a general overview of the exams and tells participants what to expect from each test. We also introduce the main centers that offer the course preparation and exam in Albania and general information, such as: exam dates, cost and important rules to be familiar.